18. april 2010

Spring Break

Over Spring Break, my host family took me to Clearwater Beach, Florida!
After 14+ hours in a car, we were finally there, but our rooms weren't ready for check-in yet, so we went to breakfast and by a mall before they called us and said they were ready. It was probably the most fancy place I've stayed in my whole life (or what I can remember..) I don't know, but it was luxurious. It was on the beach. Out balcony had ocean-view. There was a huge pool and hot tubs, free fitness center, talking elevator, and they even opened the doors for you in the lobby. And in the lobby they had this grand piano that played by it self! Even the keys moved by them self, and it played all different songs. Kinda creepy :)
When they came in the early evening and made your bed, so it was ready to sleep in (set the pillows differently, move the blanket so it was easier to get under ect.) they'd leave a little chocolate for everybody in the room.
It was sooooo nice to see my best friend = the beach, the ocean.. again! And being able to go outside and have streets and little shops instead of fields and horses :)
The streets were filled with little souvenir shops and most of the sold henna tattoos (a "tattoo" that goes away after about 2-3 weeks). So an evening when three of Miranda's dance friends were visiting (they were staying right outside of Clearwater) we went and got henna tattoos and we did it again later on the week. I got two Japanese signs, one meaning Brothers, for Mads and Klaus, and one meaning "Dream" :) and I got a music heart..
So other than getting a little sunburned I had an awesome trip and can now mark of three more states I have been (Alabama, Georgia and Florida).

I'm excited to see you all soon!
Love, Mette.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Hej, læg en kommentar, jeg skal nok prøve at svare :-)