31. januar 2010

Goodbye Dark, Hello Light!

(I'll start apologizing for this long post. I know it's more fun to read the smaller ones more often, than the bigger once, only here and then.)

January's over! In a couple of hours..
I'm not sad at all, seeing this month being over.

It's been ups and downs and times keep telling yourself to be positive. In the beginning of the month, it was hard to see an end to it, hard to see time pass by, but "time passes even when it seems impossible. even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. it passes, unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging tulls, pass it does. even for me, it passes." (I like that quote)
But I did what I could do to make it get better. Of course I couldn't change the dark, coooold, weather and the way everything is, but I could start Track and stuff like that, so I wouldn't sit at home any more - and I did. And everything is just wonderful now :-)

I have had the funniest weekend.
Yesterday I went shopping with Denisa. We went to Greenwood, to the Mall.
My Sociology teacher always say the Mall is the best place to observe people and it is really funny to think about. I was sitting outside a fitting room and waiting for Denisa, and looking around (yes, I'm a dork.) Next to me was sitting the impatient boyfriend waiting. He called his mother, 'cause he was so bored :-P
Then there's the last minute shoppers, out to find a birthday present or something. The annoyed mothers with their kids running around. The middle schoolers that try to be older than they are. The "cool" kids. The gangs. The teenagers, just out for a fun afternoon with their friends. The dads and boyfriends, trying to find gifts. I could keep going for ever, but it was a lot of fun and I bought a looot of things :-P
After that we went to her house and I spend the night there.

Sunday, Nich and Mikinzie picked me up from Denisas, and we went Prom dress shopping.
After HOURS (and last weekend) I found "my" dress. It is purple, long, very simple, relaxed, nothing big dragging peoples attention specially to me, just very Mette. (:
After that we went out and ate lunch and took crazy pictures in the photo-booth at the Mall. I had so much fun today, and I'm just in a really good mood, having such great friends every where!
By the way. The Indianapolis Colts are in the Superbowl (Football) and Mikinzie invited me to her Superbowl party/watching on Sunday. It's gonna be fun.

- Pictures on Facebook soon.... I think!

It was the longest month, but "time still passes" and when I look back on it, it's been flying by, like the rest of this year. It's crazy.

TAKE CARE. XOXO Mette

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Hej, læg en kommentar, jeg skal nok prøve at svare :-)