15. juni 2010

Change

Since I leave the United States in 10 days, I thought I should make this post, who knows, it might be my last one from over here :(
A lot of things have changed since I left Denmark 312 days ago, especially me. My height has changed, my weight has changed, my hair has changed, my nails have changed.. I don’t think you want me to go on :) But most of all my personality has changed.
I have always seen myself as a happy person, at least until I got hit by some teenage years. When I look back on how I got so grumpy when I was tired and let everybody feel it, or just on all the stupid arguments and girl-drama, I can’t help but laugh a little and think; was that really me. Winston Churchill said: “a pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. I might have been more of a pessimist before, at least some days, but I’d really describe me as an optimist now. I’m so happy, and I love to see how just by smiling, you can make other people smile. Could you see how perfect a world it would be, if people just smiled all the time - at least pretended :)
It’s been a long year, but it’s gone by way to fast. The fall, especially, was long. It was hard to sit in a situation where you should decide if you should leave the family you were in, give everything up, and start over, or if you should stay a place you didn’t fit in, but even though it was some long nights, I did the right thing and moved in with the most lovely host family!
It took time to get used to the limited freedom here; not because I wasn’t aloud to do things, but because of me not being aloud to drive, and then living so far away from town and school, but it all worked out in the end. I’ve missed being able to open my door and being in the middle of everything, or just being able to take my bike, or public transportation and go wherever the wind blows, but it’s definitely part of the experience!
I’ve grown stronger, learned to know my strength and weaknesses, got to know my limits, when it’s enough for me, I’ve gotten smarter in a lot of way, I think, but even though there’s all these changes, I’m still Mette.
I’m still just a 16 year old girl starting in 1i at Nørre Gymnasium in August, starting something new, and having to figure out how “to do that.” I’m still me; I just have another experience in my luggage, another view at the world; at life.
- Be prepared :) hahaha.
Love you all,
Mette

P.s. I posted another post today too (Tornado Warning) don’t forget to read that!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Hej, læg en kommentar, jeg skal nok prøve at svare :-)