15. juni 2010

Tornado Warning

Yesterday I got an experience I probably had to have after staying a year in Indiana; my first tornado warning.
I’d been at Open Houses all day, and been home maybe an hour if.. When I got a text from my friend saying “Tornado Warning, one’s already been spotted west of Martinsville.” I told Melissa and we turned on the news, and true enough, there was a warning out for Morgan and Johnson county.
There’s two things; a tornado watch and a warning. A watch is when there’s a chance for tornadoes, but no reporting of any yet, and then a warning, where you have to go to the basement, or a room with four walls - none of them outside walls, no windows. We went to the hallway, closed the doors and turned the radio on, and sat there listening to the radio from Martinsville saying they lost power because of all the fallen trees, and stuff, so we just sad and heard the wind blow hard, but nothing so “the walls shook” or anything, and then finally they canceled it and nothing happened. There was one in Mooresville too, but I haven’t heard of anybody hurt.
Following that we got a huge thunder storm, but that I am getting pretty used to J
So everything well from here, just another new experience.
-Mette

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Hej, læg en kommentar, jeg skal nok prøve at svare :-)