1. juni 2010

Graduation

Today I graduated high school. Today is the end of the best school year, and the beginning of something new. Today is a huge mark, showing that my year is coming to and end. It is a day of celebration, but for me more a day that hits hard. It is like the last choir concert. It is these “marks” that hit you, saying “it’s the end.”
Today is a big day for Mooresville’s class of 2010, a day they’ve been waiting for, and worked for the last 12 years, a day that was finally here.
It was with smiles and tears and 291 excited, but nervous, young adults that filled up the South Gym at Mooresville High School at 11 am on May 29th, 2010. After welcomes, prayer, the Pledge of Allegiance, and singing of the Star Sprinkled Banner, 291 students, one by one entered the stage, shook the Superintendent Mr. Freeman’s hand, received a diploma holder and went back to their seat, and after more speeches, singing, pictures, and turning in their cap and gown again, received their High School Diploma.
Today was the end of an amazing experience, that I can’t thank Mooresville enough for giving to me, but also a start of something new.



I think it sucks that we don’t get to keep out cap and gown, and that I didn’t see Mr. Muston (our principal) before Graduation started, ‘cause I was going to make this deal, that if he said my name wrong, I got to keep the cap and he was going to pay for it (he probably wasn’t going to make the deal with me, but I thought it was a brilliant idea!) If I had done that, I would now how my cap! He sure did say something weird instead of Birkedahl J poor man, with three foreign exchange student names, but it’s not that hard, especially when I already told him how to pronounce it!

Love you,
Mette

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Hej, læg en kommentar, jeg skal nok prøve at svare :-)