1. juni 2010

The Prom weekend

It’s Friday, May 30th 2010, it’s the day of my first and only Prom. Mooresville High School is empty (maybe except for the Junior parents running around, finishing up for Post Prom) and everybody is getting ready for the big night.
Personally I’m waking up, walking around for a while, cleaning myself up a little before my hair appointment at noon. It’s a lady named Kim doing my hair. I don’t know her, but I’ve heard she’s good, and she sure is. I showed a picture of my idea and said, but just make it pretty, and she did.



At home I’m doing my make up, packing a bag, and getting everything ready, putting it in the car and then leaving for Kylee’s house, where her and I get the last things ready together. Her parents have snacks and drinks ready, and her grandparents are there too. Some of the others text us and say they’re on their way, so we put on out dresses and take a last look in the mirror before walking out.
It’s a good feeling getting compliments and funny to watch peoples expressions as they see you for the first time, in your long purple dress, curly hair, bangs braded bag and a big smile.



It’s not the end of the story, closer to the beginning, but you’re going to get the rest in a “non story mode.”

Around 3:30 our whole group showed up. Me and Kylee who were already there, Josh, my date, Kyle and LeeDa, and Mikinzie and Nich, and Stephanie. Josh’s sister was there, she’s a professional photographer and took most of our pictures. The other parents took pictures too, but since she was the professional, she kinda let them. We had to leave for dinner at 5, but we didn’t leave till around 5:15. Our dinner reservations were at 5:30, so we were already late, and to make it even better, we got a little lost on the way, but we told them we were late and out table was still there when we finally showed up at Stone Creek in Greenwood, Indiana.



From there we went to The Hyatt in downtown Indianapolis, where the Prom was held. The Prom started at 7:30 and lasted till 11:30, I think.. It was a lot of dancing, and a lot of fun, definitely a thing I don’t understand other exchange students would miss out on, but maybe that’s because it is Mooresville’s only school dance too. The theme was “Lost in Paradise” and it was decorated great.
From Prom we went back to Mikinzie’s house, to change for Post Prom. Post Prom is at school, to make sure the teenagers don’t go out and party and do illegal things after Prom. It is from midnight - 4. Most couples or groups get matching t-shirts with either a fun writing or a cartoon figure or something else on them. The rest of our group had matching t-shirts with one of the Muppets characters on it, while me and Josh got plane, purple t-shirt and wore matching, white basketball shorts.



The theme for Post Prom was “Winter Wonderland.” There were games and prices, and food and free pictures, but it wasn’t more exciting than that, and after winning some CD’s, a hair straightener, and a $25 gift card to a restaurant, me and Josh just sat and talked with Denisa most of the rest of the night.
At around 3, when they were out of prices and a thunderstorm were coming up, and most people had left anyways, they started sending the rest of us home. We were probably the last ones to leave at around 3:30, and me and Mikinzie went back to her house, talked for a little, put on a movie, and fell asleep, which was good, ‘cause we had to be back at school at 7:30 for the bus for Kings Island.



Kings Island is an amusement park in Cincinnati, Ohio. It takes around 2½ hour to drive there, so we were there at around ten o’clock, and left again at 7:30pm. It was a fun day, and I definitely rode some roller coasters I never thought I would have.



So over all it was a great weekend, and I wish I could do it again!
- Mette

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Hej, læg en kommentar, jeg skal nok prøve at svare :-)